In days of olde, when knights were bold...

You know things are bad when the quest for thick, woolen tights that cost less than $50 begins to resemble that of some knight of yore trying to track down the neighborhood dragon...heck, even attempting to locate a pair under $100 was proving difficult. However, I was not going to be beaten by legwear...a coat, or a dragon, maybe...but tights, never.

Well, I am happy to report that even though my quest has taken me to many strange lands, i.e. more hosiery departments than I ever thought existed, it is finally at an end...thanks to StockinGirl's ribbed and cable-knit Merino wool tights. Not only do these fit my price criteria (they actually come in just under $40 a pair), they also come in a full range of sizes (from 4'11" to 5'11"). And, when they say they fit someone who's 5"11" they actually mean it...naming no names but there are definitely some brands out there who stretch the truth, though sadly not the tights...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    10:23 AM
    grrr... still, at 5'8 105lbs, I'm in a sizing no man's land. I'm starting to despair on my quest for tights that fit! Don't get me started on finding knee-high boots that aren't huge around the calves...
  • peakoilscotland said...
    1:20 PM
    Quite useful piece of writing, thank you for this article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...