There's oil in them thar hills!

Last night, faced with a collection of vintage beauty books and frizzy hair that wasn't being helped by drugstore conditioners, I decided to try a little "kitchen beauty". I'd read that olive oil worked wonders on hair and, quite frankly, I was bored...so I decided to give it a try. First off, let me say that I'm glad I picked a night when my husband was out of town...initially because the hoots of laughter as I smeared olive oil through my locks would have been a little off-putting...and secondly because of the (also off-putting) aftereffects of putting said oil in your hair, namely a greasy looking coif that smells like a tossed salad.

After a night's sleep the smell had dissipated but I still looked like one of Macbeth's witches and had visions of having to wear a headscarf/turban to work. Thankfully, two shampoos later, the grease was gone. And I have to admit that, once my hair dried, it was moisturized like never before...with not a speck of frizz in sight. I am a kitchen beauty convert...watch out refrigerator, here I come...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...