Working Girl

I used to work in the same office as a woman who was stuck in a time warp. While the rest of the world, at that time, was in the late 90's she was firmly in the 60's. And despite the changes which must have taken place to both her face and figure she continued to style her hair in a beehive each day and wore clothing to match.

The reason I bring this up is because of all the 80's-Melanie-Griffith-Working-Girl jackets at the NY shows. Phi, Derek Lam, Jeremy Laing, Preen, and Alexander Wang all showed a version of the look. Which begs the question, will offices next Spring be filled with two warring factions...the women who have just purchased their oversized suit jackets and the ones who are still wearing the ones they bought circa 1984? And will anyone be able to tell the difference? Only time will tell...though I know I'll be pulling out the one suit jacket that I own, rolling up the sleeves a la Don Johnson in Miami Vice and working it.


 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Jostein said...
    11:30 AM
    the oversize-look is one of my fav's indeed

    nice blog

    xx
  • muebles madrid said...
    4:10 AM
    I read really much effective material above!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...