Row, Row, Row your boat

I know this post is going to induce some groans as the subject is (yet another) celebrity line but, bear with me. I came across a video on Style.com for The Row's holiday collection...perhaps it's due to the fact that the Olsen sisters have spent so long in front of the camera, they know what works, but this video is perfect. Ignore the fact that it's LA, the sun is shining down, and the model is snuggled up in fur...somehow Christmas and the holidays require snow to me...I must have watched White Christmas one too many times...

The point is you watch this and want everything...not just the clothes...you want the house, the model's attitude, even the lifestyle and friends that you create for her in your head... I haven't felt this kind of ad-induced lust since Pamela Hanson's ads for Joseph back in the day.

Styled by Vanessa Traina, it would be very easy to dismiss as a "rich girl's hobby" but I keep coming back to the sheer beauty of the video. Anyway, take a look and see what you think...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • The Spicers said...
    11:16 AM
    I'm a little surprised the Olsen's didn't do their own styling, but the video was very cool. I like the concept of a girl just trying on everything in her closet with no one watching (except the audience of course), with no particular urgency, just a private fashion show.
  • 7:58 PM
    You're right of course...
  • Crystal said...
    7:33 AM
    I thought this video was great also, and I checked out the pamela hanson site. The Charlotte Ronson video she did is wonderful. Thanks for introducing me to her!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...