Où en est la Bibliothèque?

I should have said "No"...when asked if I wanted to accompany Mr. Heb to a local used bookstore...I should just have said "No". For the simple reason that I find it virtually impossible to enter a vintage bookstore and leave empty-handed. My problem is that, even if I can resist a hitherto unknown title from a favorite author...I can't turn my back on the double whammy of favorite author and incredible artwork on the cover. It gets me every time...

This time it was a couple of hardbacks from John Creasey that were calling my name. As I say, I could have avoided buying the books by themselves (after all, the man wrote over 600 books...it's unlikely that even I am going to get all of them). No, it was the covers that made it impossible to walk away...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...