The dance of the sugar plum fairy

It’s pictures like this one of Diane Kruger at the Cartier International Day at the Guards Polo Club that make me long for a purple dress. Then reality sets in; less expensive dresses that I’ve seen in this color look a little...tatty. And I don’t want to spend a lot on a dress that has a finite number of wearings...after all, how many times can you wear a purple dress without being known as “the woman with that interesting dress”? Which, as we all know, is catty-speak for “God, she’s wearing that bloody dress again”.

So I’m settling for purple accessories. Some footless tights, which perk up black dresses and skirts to an incredible degree...maybe a scarf or some gloves once the weather gets cooler. Not ideal perhaps but I feel this is one of those times when discretion is the wiser part of valor.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    9:56 AM
    Oh, I don't know, I think you can wear a dress in an "interesting" color as long as you want. I have lots of dresses in very memorable prints and colors that I've been wearing for years. I don't care if people who know me start to recognize them.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...