What an awful lot of...nothing

A very strange thing happened this afternoon...I had some spare time and the sales were on, it seemed like a match made in heaven...yet I returned home with nothing. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that there were a lack of deals...just everything I found was a great deal for someone else.

There were the Chloe Silverado shoes, beautiful and slightly distressed...with 4" of wooden heel that gave me vertigo just looking at them. A steal at $249, but not for me. Dozens of handbags...budget Balenciaga, low-cost Lanvin, and mightily reduced Marc Jacobs...none of which raised more than a glimmer of interest.

I feared I was becoming jaded...

Then I found an Alexander McQueen skirt, so breathtakingly gorgeous that I must have just stared at it for a good ten minutes. Knee-length, pale suede, with laser cut butterflies flying around the lower portion. Massively reduced but still, equally massively, expensive. My one hope is that everyone else loathes it and it reaches a markdown percentage so extreme that it finally becomes affordable...I'm not holding my breath on that one though...I fear it's destined to be a great deal for (you guessed it) someone else.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...