Ouch!

I really need to spring clean more often…or should I say, I need to try harder to convince myself that it's actually alright to get rid of items of clothing. The thing is, I'm really good at putting things into piles but, when the time comes to actually say goodbye, I find myself skewered on the horns of a dilemma. Sharp point number one…who's to say that this (insert clothing item here) will not be needed at some unspecified time in the future to complete an outfit? Sharp point number two…okay, I can sell this for peanuts now…but, at yet another unspecified time in the future, this (insert item of clothing here) could have a renaissance and therefore be worth vast sums of money.

My recent closet excavation unearthed these Armani jeans, circa 1984-ish. Ladies and gentlemen, I draw your attention to the high-waist…the sickly pale hue of the denim…the manufactured distressing…and, strangest of all, the patch featuring a horse. Sitting firmly on my dilemma I review, and come to the conclusion that if these are ever the essential ingredient for an outfit I will shoot myself. Additionally, I'm having a hard time (even during the current 80's flashback) imagining anyone laying down huge amounts of cash for these. So, what to do?

There are no good resale stores near here where I could try to off-load them and I doubt that even eBay could assist…perhaps a ceremonial funeral pyre is in order?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...