Things that go bump in the night

"I rejoice that there are owls. Let them do the idiotic and maniacal hooting for men. It is a sound admirably suited to swamps and twilight woods which no day illustrates, suggesting a vast and underdeveloped nature which men have not recognized. They represent the stark twilight and unsatisfied thoughts which all [men] have."

Walden – Henry David Thoreau

And speaking of unsatisfied thoughts...I’m still on the hunt for a necklace. I mentioned the exceeding expensive one that I found at Anthropologie but failed to touch upon the much more affordable owl necklace that I also discovered there.

Though you can find a huge variety of birds and animals on jewelry (and I’d never turn down the offer of any Carter panthers that came my way), I’ve always had a soft spot for anything featuring an owl. They’re worldly-wise but just a little bit evil...the avian Eartha Kitt...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...