Good things come in small packages...or at least I hope they do

During our recent trip to NY I finally started to get comfortable with the idea of packing light. Up to that point I’d been an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kind of girl, working on the idea that weather may be erratic…or our plans may change…or something earth shattering may happen…and I didn’t want to get caught without the right clothes. I’d envied people who had capsule travel wardrobes; I just thought I’d never actually be one of them. Well, I’m not quite there yet but I’m further down the path to minimalism than I ever anticipated.

On Wednesday we fly to London for 7 days and I’ve challenged myself to see how few pieces I can take, yet have the ability to create numerous outfits and not end up wearing the same clothes every day (or should I say, not look like I’m wearing the same clothes every day as some repetition is unavoidable with a mini-wardrobe).

So, unless there are any last-minute substitutions, the line-up looks like this:

Built by Wendy trench coat
Joe’s jeans
See by Chloe denim skirt
House of Hengst striped dress
Uniqlo gingham shirt
APC striped shirt with bronze trim
H&M plaid shirt
Muji dark grey, crinkle t-shirt

Add a pair of grey Converse lo-tops, some glittery red ballet flats, and a Harald kefiyah-style scarf and that’s about it.


Now that I’ve typed out the list I’m getting nervous…in my head this seemed sufficient…but it’s an awfully short list… Rationally though, the jeans and the skirt work with any of the tops and the dress can be worn alone or with the gingham shirt or the t-shirt…that’s 11 options. Surely that's enough...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...