What a welli-gant, swell-igant, party this is…

I love Hunter wellingtons and have always felt that they get a rough deal…they’re the country mouse, looked down upon when they visit their city cousin. But now, thanks to The Sartorialist, we have the poster child for urban wellie wearers. She looks stylish…dry of foot…and sexy…who knew?

Though I don’t look anywhere near as good, this is how I like to wear my wellies…juxtaposed with more urban pieces. Practical clothing is rarely welcomed with open arms, but (to paraphrase) if you can keep your feet dry when all around you are getting soggy…

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:34 AM
    I just happened upon your blog a few days ago, and then you had to go and exalt the wonders that are wellies. :-) Mine are sitting next to me at my desk--they have been indespensible during this winter in New England, and it's fun walking around town looking like I just walked off a farm upstate or just slightly eccentric by wearing them with more urban clothes...

    Very few practical shoes look as chic as wellies can--so glad the Satorialist knows this too!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...