Tally Ho!

Years ago I bought a vintage men's hunting coat. The typical "hunting pink" jacket that brings to mind the English upper classes chivvying a fox over a few fields. It was a beautiful jacket, and in great condition, but didn't fit me so we sadly parted ways. After seeing these images from Luella's F/W show though I am deeply regretting the loss…after all, I could have had it altered…what was I thinking? (Side note but...this is probably why I hoard clothes…you never know when something will have a second chance in the fashion lottery…I am a Fashion Boy Scout and my motto is "Be Prepared".)


But back to the glorious, punk-equestrian, red coats at Luella (and the equally fantastic boots, I might add). I think they have definitely made my Fall wish list…now I just need to hope I can find somewhere that stocks them...Luella's clothes being not that easy to find in my area.

In the meantime I have my new (you guessed it) red APC jacket to wear as I sing a little hunting song...

D'ye ken John Peel with his coat so gay,
D'ye ken John Peel at the break of day,
D'ye ken John Peel when he's far away,
With his hounds and his horn in the morning.

For the sound of his horn brought me from my bed
And the cry of his hounds which he oft times led,
Peel's 'view hullo' would awaken the dead
Or the fox from his lair in the morning.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...