Punk? Call it Filthy Lucre

I've previously referenced my miserly behavior when it comes to shoes. I wish it wasn't the case...and never more so than when I see a pair like these metal studded flats from Marc Jacobs. What more could an upscale punk princess ask for? These would add a subtle edge to any outfit but (and it is a massive but) they retail for $575. Massive gulp...deep breath...sound of Sid Vicious rolling in his grave...



My mind is now filled with ways to create budget versions...100 pyramid studs for $11.25 at Crustpunks...ballet flats from Free People $58-$78...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 6 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    10:38 PM
    The yellow ones would look sharp with brass studs - plus it would fulfill your longing for yellow!
  • Anonymous said...
    11:27 PM
    gap has flats similar to the free people ones, but they have fewer color options. they are only about $40 though.
  • Anonymous said...
    9:56 AM
    You're right that this wouldn't be hard to replicate. Especially given that you'd have more color choices.
  • Anonymous said...
    1:33 AM
    I just found your blog--which I love!--and am working my way through the archives. I'm sure by now you've seen these, as they've been around the blog-circuit a couple times:

    http://www.bonadrag.com/shopmain/bags/ballet.html?reload

    Just wanted to pass them on, anyhow! (Now back to my reading...)
  • Hebden said...
    8:31 AM
    oakglasses - thanks! I've had my eye on those for a while but the lack of support/proper soles keeps putting me off.
  • 4:33 AM
    I completely agree with the post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...