Bags of plaid

I am about to sound like the biggest bag/label freak ever but I would really, really, really like one of the woven leather, plaid “shopping” bags from Louis Vuitton’s spring collection. Even as I say this I realize that they are one of the biggest fashion cons ever perpetrated…no matter how loud you cry “irony” they are still ever-so-upmarket versions of the plastic bags available in markets. I actually have a couple of the plastic ones in polka dots which I got from a street vendor in London but…and here is the but…they only cost a pound each…and the Louis Vuitton version starts at 1,300 pounds…I’m not even going to do the exchange rate at this moment in case I pass out.


If I do decide that I simply must have a little plaid in my life these bags from Dover Street Market might fit the bill, or I can try and find the budget plaid version of my polka dot bags. Much more affordable and useful…the LV bags are huge…apart from going to do laundry I can’t think when I would need to carry that much…still, a $2,500 laundry bag would definitely be a conversation starter...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    9:51 AM
    Don't do it! Go the Dover Street route if you must. And I have no idea whether these can be found in the U.S., but the plastic market totes used in India are really great, much nicer than the plaid ones.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...