No Sale

Even though it's Boxing Day and I have been besieged with e-mails and mailers...35%...50%...75% off!!! I actually managed to steer clear of any stores today. I have to say, it wasn't painfree...and a mild intervention was needed...

My husband: Want to walk home?
Me: Sure...you know, we could check out the sale at Club Monaco on the way...75% off and they sell men's clothing (the sneaky double whammy)
My husband: No, that's okay...I don't need anything right now
Me: Ah...

I am trying to be good though and save some money for our trip to NY. Plus, sales are so insidious...something that you only marginally like becomes magical because it's cheap. Okay, I have managed to get some major deals...a Chanel cardigan, Lucien Pellat-Finet sweater, Balenciaga bags...but, in the main, sale items tend to be things that I wouldn't have bought at full price. And, if I don't like them enough to spend the money on them in the first place, why am I suddenly drooling over them? If I resisted the impulse I could have bought something I really was lusting over.

No, I'm going to try and ignore the little devil on my shoulder...angel wings are sprouting...but, we'll see...you know how it is? Sometimes being bad is fun...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...