This old thing? Oh, it’s wooly mammoth…

I was in Barney’s Co-Op the other day and saw these bracelets by Jessica Kagan Cushman in one of the jewelry cases. They’re cool and funky, yet harken back to the scrimshaw pieces created by whalers in the early 1800’s. A marriage of the modern and traditional…could anything be better?
Of course, I had to try one…and they are beautiful. I could definitely see myself with several of these on my arm. Plus, what a conversation starter…how many times can you say that your accessory is made of fossilized mammoth tusk, an animal that ceased to exist 10,000 years ago? The only downside is that each bracelet costs between $995 and $1,250…

So, unless Barneys has a very good sale this is something that will remain on the wish list...extinct.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...